- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups water or homemade chicken stock (see soup recipes)
- 2 pieces, chicken breast fillet, shredded
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8- ¼ teaspoon saltToppings:
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- bunch of spring onions, chopped
- 1 head of garlic,, chopped
- 2 to 3 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- Kasuba (local saffron threads)
Feel free to visit Organics.ph to order healthy alternative ingredients.
- In a pan brushed with culinary coconut oil, toast garlic (toppings) and remove from pan, set aside.
- In the same pan, sautee onions and chicken until cooked.
- Add rolled oats and water. Let simmer.
- Add salt and pepper. Let oats thicken.
- In a bowl, scoop oats, top with chopped celery, spring onions, garlic, hardboiled eggs and Kasuba. Serve hot.